How to Apply for Sassa R350 Grant: (Requirements for successful application)

How to Apply for the Sassa R350 SRD Grant Successfully? You only have to apply once via the website, whatsapp, facebook or Govchat App forums as communicated by the agency. If you are having issues with this process reach out to the agency by using their official number. It is important that you try not to do this many times on every channel. The organization will only process one application received from each citizen or qualified person. Why it is important to re-submit your request for the grant? One important factor is that People’s circumstances may have changed over time and such a person who wasn’t in need of assistance is now in need; In order to confirm clients’ personal details, assess their request.

What do I do if i get denied or if it doesn’t go through as I expected: The denied recipients will only be re-evaluated upon receiving a petition through the outlets given by the agency. Once you receive this outcome as to whether your request was successful or denied and you submit your petition, your request has to be lodged on the website within thirty days of the outcome being available. It is therefore really important that everyone checks their status, which is updated on the website as soon as a decision is made. An petition via the official means must be lodged for every month that the request was turned down. Make sure you have the following documents at your disposal especially in digital format: your 13-digit bar-coded identity document and your children’s birth certificates. If your identity document and/or a birth certificate are not available: An affidavit commissioned by a Justice of the Peace. The affidavit must contain a clause which indicates that provision of incorrect or inaccurate information will result in prosecution in terms of Section 21 of the Social Assistance Act. 

A sworn statement by a reputable person who knows the applicant and the child. This may be from a councilor, traditional leader, social worker or minister of religion.  Proof that an application for a birth certificate or identity document has been lodged with the Department of Home Affairs. Where applicable, a temporary identity document issued by the Department of Home Affairs. a baptismal certificate. a road to health clinic card. a school report. Please note: No even one of these requests can be processed without the sworn statement/affidavit. This means you will be rejected if you do not provide the appropriate information as required by law. Not all people may have these requirements ready.

If you do not have an identity document and birth certificates, an affidavit from your local police station, chief, councilor or religious leader may be enough proof. Show proof that you: have applied for a grant: have had an emergency (e.g. provide a police report that your house burnt down), have tried to get maintenance, have no other support, are married, divorced, or single, have no income, have a short-term medical disability. How long does it take? It will be processed immediately. Once it is submitted, it will be assessed for credibility and your genuine need for the service. Even if you do not have all the documents, you will get your first month’s food parcel, voucher or cash. Remember to take all the documents to the officer before the second month’s payment is due.

If you do not, you may not get your second and third month’s food parcel, voucher or cash. If there is no change in your circumstances after you have received the grant for three months, you may apply to have the grant extended for another three months. 

How much does it cost: The service is free. Forms to complete: The form is not available online, but you can get it at your nearest office. R350 Grant is temporary provision of assistance intended for persons in such a dire material need that they are unable to meet their families’ most basic needs.

I cancelled my application because I received a temporary job but now it is finished. Clients who previously cancelled the grant, and who would like to re-activate the grant, due to a change in their circumstances are welcome to re-submit your request. In order to access or to have the request included, all potential beneficiaries must give consent to the agency for them to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits with any other institution deemed necessary.

Read the articles below for more information:

This could be due to any of the following factors: you need help while you wait for your children’s grants to be processed. a crisis or disaster has occurred (e.g. your house has burnt down). You do not qualify for a grant, and you are in a desperate situation 

you are unable to work for a period of less than six month because you are medically unfit. You are unable to get maintenance from the other parent of your child or children. The breadwinner in the family has died. The breadwinner has been sent to prison for a short time (less than six months) 

You have been affected by a disaster, but the area or community in which you live has not been declared a disaster area. The Social Relief of Distress may be in the form of a food parcel or a voucher to buy food. Some provinces give this assistance in the form of cash. Social Relief of Distress is given for a short time only – usually for up to three months, which may be extended for another three months.