- What should i expect on this page?
- When can I make a new application/ reapply?
- How will I know if my payment is ready for collection?
- Do I get a back the money due for May, June and July 2021?
- When should I provide my banking details?
- Why it is important to re-apply or can i just assume i will receive money based on the previous forms i filled?
When can I make a new application/ reapply? New applications and reapplications will resume on Friday, 06 August 2021 from 09h00. What date will be the first payment? Sassa expect that first payments to be made in the last week of August and subsequent months afterwards. It is however possible that not all those who applied in that month will be paid as there are a lot of verification processes to be completed each month before payouts are approved.
How will I know if my payment is ready for collection? The application and payment status can be viewed on the SRD website. It is very important for every applicant to provide the correct mobile number through which he/she can be contacted, as all communication with applicants will be through SMS notifications.
Will the application be accepted if I do not agree to the terms and conditions on the Declaration & Consent document? If consent is not granted, the application will not be submitted to them. Will the application be accepted if I do not indicate that I have read the You and my grant document? The application will not be submitted if the client does not indicate that, he/she has read and understood the You and my grant document.
Do I get a back the money due for May, June and July? There will be no retrospective payments for the months the grant was not in existence from May to July . The new application will only be effective from August this year till march of next year. Do I need to reapply every month? No, you only apply once. All applications will be validated monthly.
Will I get my money from August till March of next year? There will be no automatic qualifications – all applications must satisfy the criteria and will be subjected to the entire validation process. This means that any change to the financial circumstances of the applicant may result in the grant not being approved for subsequent months, or approved for some months but not all.
Why it is important to re-apply or can i just assume i will receive money based on the previous forms i filled? People’s circumstances may have changed over time; In order to confirm clients’ personal details, assess their income and financial status; Applicants need to accept the declaration and consent, which has been strengthened to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came to effect on 21 July 2021; In order to access or to have the application reconsidered for the Social Relief of Distress Grant, an applicant must grant consent for them to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits with any other institution deemed necessary.
When should I provide my banking details? Our new process will now request the applicants to provide their banking details upfront, so that we can process payment as soon as they meet the criteria. What are the payment methods?
- Personal bank account
- Cash Send
What will happen if client fails bank verification? A SMS notification will be sent to the client to correct bank details. If a client does not respond to the sms a SAPO account will be opened for the client for payment purposes. Can I use somebody else’s phone number or bank account? Applicants to note that the bank account or the cellular phone number provided for payment MUST be registered in the name.
What do I do if my application is declined? The declined application will only be reconsidered upon a request from the client. An application has to be lodged on the website within 30 days of the outcome being available.
Read the articles below for more information of sassa grants
- Sassa R350 Grant Payment information for New Applicants.
- SRD Grant: (Social Relief of Distress) – How to Apply
- Sassa R350 Grant: How to Apply
- Sassa R350 Grant Forms: Things to carefully understand about the declaration and consent you agree to when filing the form.
- Sassa R350 Grant Frequently Asked Questions about the Application Requirements and Payments.
- Sassa Status check for SRD R350 Application: How to check your Application Status.
- Sassa Grant Means Testing: What does it mean
- Sassa Grant Increase for 2021
- How To Cancel Your SASSA R350 Grant Application.
- Sassa R350 Grant Appeal: What can i do?
- Where do you apply for sassa grants
- Sassa Status: Knowing what your status means
- Payment of Grants through ATM’s, Banks and Retail Outlets
- Sassa Old Age Pension Grant Payment Dates
- Social Grant Payment Dates
- Sassa Child Support & Foster Care Grant Payment Dates
- Sassa Disability Payment Dates
- Sassa Veteran Payment Dates
- Sassa balance Check
- Changing Sassa Banking Details
- Sassa SRD Grant – Appeal, Extensions, Check Balance
- Sassa Grant Increase
- Sassa R350 Grant – How to Apply
- Social Relief Distress – SRD Grant – How to Apply
- Older person’s grant (old age pension) – How to Apply
- Child support grant – How to Apply
- Care dependency grant – How to Apply
- Grant in aid (if you live on a social grant but need someone to take care of you) – How to Apply
- Foster child grant – How to Apply
- Disability grant – How to Apply
- All about Sassa Card Payments
- Sassa Contact Details for All Provinces